When you are designing your home or redecorating, few things are as important as window treatments. Windows account for up to 40% of the energy loss in your home and finding your perfect window covering can go a long way towards combating that loss. Since the 1700’s Venetian blinds or horizontal blinds, have been the number one window treatment choice. Window blinds are timeless and classic, and with their different material and color choices, they can match any decor. Blinds are also known for their superior light and privacy control options. At Blind & Shutter Guys, we carry horizontal blinds from several top-of-the-line brands, including Hunter Douglas, Alta®, Graber®, Timber Blind, and Texton.
Benefits of Window Blinds
There is a reason that horizontal blinds have been the most popular window treatment for hundreds of years. They provide several amazing benefits.
- Superior Light Control: The slats of horizontal blinds can be rotated 180 degrees to provide the perfect angle. Angle the slats up to the ceiling to let in morning sun without getting it in your eyes or angle them down for afternoon light on your desk without being blinded.
- Privacy: The same operating mechanics that allow for light control also allow you to achieve the desired level of privacy. Angling the slats up and down allows light in but keeps eyes out.
- Easy Operation: At Blind & Shutter Guys, we offer several different blind operation systems, but what each of them has in common is that they are easy to use. Our blinds operate smoothly, allowing you to get the perfect level of illumination or privacy when you need it.
- Simple Cleaning: Maintaining blinds is easy. All you need is to dust the slats with a dry duster. For harder to remove dirt, you can use a damp cloth or wood polish.
- Style Options: Window blinds are available in a wide selection of materials, including 100% hardwood, faux wood, vinyl, and aluminum. In addition to different materials, there are dozens of colors available so the blinds can match the existing style of your home.
- Customized Fit: Our professional team will measure your windows to ensure a perfect fit every single time. All our blinds are custom cut for your exact windows, including arches, angles, and bay windows.
- Great for Layering: Window blinds pair very well with a set of curtains. The combination allows for even better light and privacy control.
We offer several different ways to open, close, and tilt your blinds. Each style of horizontal blinds has its own set of operation options. Let our experts walk you through all the choices to find the perfect one for you.
- Cord Lift & Tilt: This standard option is easy and smooth to operate. Simply pull the cord to raise and lower the blind. The cord can either be locking style or a continuous loop. You can pull a secondary cord to open and close the slats.
- Cord Lift & Wand Tilt: This option is similar to cord lift & tilt, but instead of a secondary cord, these blinds feature a wand that you can twist to rotate the vanes.
- Cordless Lift: We have several cordless lift options that allow you to use your hand to raise and lower the blinds. You can use these systems with the wand or cord tilt options.
- Motorized Lift: If you are looking for an even more hands-free option, we have systems that offer a motorized lift or motorized tilt, or both.
We strive for exemplary customer service, and part of that is partnering with top-quality brands. Our window blind options are the best on the market, and our variety of offerings allows us to find something to match your budget and style.